In the midst of planning your vacation to Singapore? Don’t forget to add River Safari to your Singapore itinerary. This amazing wildlife park is just next to Singapore Zoo so you shouldn’t miss it. If you wish to see Panda or lots of freshwater species, this place is a must-visit.
This first and only river-themed wildlife park in Asia offers 7,500 aquatic and terrestrial animals that represent nearly 240 species. You can find the world’s largest collection of freshwater animals here! No need to worry, the park is mostly indoors with fully air conditioning or outdoors with covered walkways, so you won’t really feel Singapore heat here, but do apply sunscreen to protect your skin.
There are a lot of cool zones and areas to visit here, not only pandas. So here are top 3 River Safari attractions that you shouldn’t miss when you visit this wildlife park.
1. River Zones
River Safari Singapore has six iconic indoor river exhibits that mirror-constructed to the real river. This zone is the most popular attraction here and you shouldn’t miss it. Enjoy the freshwater fishes through a gigantic indoor aquarium to entertain your eyes.
The iconic rivers plus its original residents are as follows.
- Mekong; Mekong River is the lifeline of countries in China, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. In this river zone, you can see the iconic yet threatened Mekong giant catfish as well as freshwater stingray.
- Nile; This longest river in the world is the water resources for about 11 countries, like Egypt and Sudan. In Nile exhibits, you can see the African arowana, giant catfish and also Goliath tigerfish that is the original resident there.
- Mississippi; This exhibit features fishes from the fourth longest river on earth; Mississippi River in North America. In this aquarium you can see the powerful looking alligator to a more friendly animal such as snapping turtles
- Congo; The Congo River is one of the largest and deepest rivers in the world. In this exhibit you can discover colorful fish species like giant freshwater puffer, Congo tetra, etc.
- Ganges: In the exhibit that mirrored this holy river for Hindus in India, you can see the gharial; rare indian crocodile, as well as and the iconic goonch catfish.
- Yangtze: In this exhibit you can see the giant salamander, Chinese alligator and the ancient sturgeon
2. Giant Panda Forest
Another massive crowd favorite in this wildlife reserve is of course the giant panda Forest. It offers a delightful experience of seeing cute and fluffy panda duo; Kai Kai and Jia Jia munching on the bamboo or mostly sleeping inside their climate-controlled biodome.
You can also see the rare red panda here. Even though it looks smaller than the panda, this beautiful creature is a must-see animal when you visit River Safari.
3. Amazon River Quest
Take the boat ride that stimulates a journey on the Amazon River. You can see a lot of animals from the Amazon, but you have to sharpen your vision because they tend to camouflage themselves among the trees. Here you can spot tapir, jaguar, giant anteater and many more!
You really should put River Safari in your Singapore trip itinerary and not miss the chance to see different species of freshwater animals as well as enjoy the other zone. Plan your visit ahead so that you can enjoy most of the time here. Meanwhile, let’s stay healthy until the day we can travel overseas again.